Thursday, December 22, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Santas

My husband and I had friends over for a bit of pre-holiday celebration which made me want to whip up some sort of holiday treat. I found a version of these Santa strawberries that I thought were just ok looking on a website but they were definitely missing something. The Santa's I found were made just from whip cream, which is boring. So it was my duty, really, to bring to life more excitement in these little holiday fat guys. Here are mine:

Strawberry cheesecake Santas www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

Strawberry cheesecake Santas www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com


After I cut the strawberries I switched the whip cream filling with no-bake cheese cake filling. I sat them on a bed of graham cracker, and I decided the whip cream could stay but only for dipping and only if it was homemade. The cheese cake was easy enough right out of the no-bake box which conveniently had the graham cracker crust already included. I used chopped chocolate chips for the eyes. The whip cream is 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 table spoon powered sugar, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1 cup whipping or heavy cream whipped together at high speed until fluffy enough to look like whip cream. Perfect holiday bite sized strawberry cheesecake Santa snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment