Saturday, January 28, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan

Yes another recipe for my crock pot. My turd brown on the inside, Al Gore green on the outside, 1971, super fly crock pot. Yes.
Everything in this kitchen: the refrigerator, the paper towel holder, the toaster, the knife block, the coffee maker, and even the utensil caddy is stainless steel. For whatever reason, I have a committed love for this Hulk colored beast.



Anyway, a friend of mine gave me this recipe from www.chef-in-training.com. I was a little "uh, I'm not so sure about this" at first just because I'm used to the chicken being baked and crispy, but this way the chicken comes out so Love-Me-Tender, I didn't even need a knife to cut it. It literally falls apart.

So on with the recipe:

• 3-4  boneless chicken (skipping the jokes) breasts
• 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 egg beaten
• Shredded mozzarella cheese
• favorite jarred marinara sauce

Spread olive oil on the bottom of the crock pot.

In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
Mix bread crumbs, seasoning, and parmesan in another separate bowl.
Dip chicken into egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture on both sides.
Place breaded chicken on bottom of crock pot.


Cover chicken with mozarella cheese.



Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.



Cover, cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Serve with your favorite pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment