Thursday, January 5, 2012

Easy Crock Pot Lasagna

First, let me preface this by saying I have never made lasagna, crock pot or not, ever in my entire life. No particular reason really, I just never have. So this was my first experience all together and it was amazing. Just like Oprah said it would be. I even dare to say better than regular lasagna because the noodles soften in the sauce instead of a bowl of boiling water so the flavor is outstanding. It took me a total of 15 minutes to prepare. I didn't actually use the recipe on her website, just the idea. I didn't have time to make my own spaghetti sauce, I just used the kind from a jar, and I left out the layer of spinach. But it was fantastic anyway.

Ingredients:
Meat
Spaghetti Sauce
Lasagna noodles
15oz ricotta cheese
8oz mozzarella

1. Cook your meat of choice. Most people use ground chuck, but I don't care for eating anything called "chuck." I used Jennie-O ground turkey and seasoned it with onion powder, minced garlic, and italian mixed seasoning.
2.  Lightly grease your crock pot. Does that sound dirty to anyone else?
3. Place a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, they don't need to be the boil-free kind, just any regular kind will do.
4. In a separate bowl, mix a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce with 1/3 cup water.
5. Layer on top of the dry noodles half of your meat, sauce, ricotta and mozzarella.
6. Repeat layers.
7. Cook on high for 1 hour, then on low for an additional 3 1/2

Easy Crock Pot Lasagna www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

I also used reduced fat mozzarella and part skim ricotta. No one knew the difference. My husband even went back for seconds.


Easy Crock Pot Lasagna www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment