Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur

This post is a special request from my friends Melissa and Brandon. Perfect to give to yourself or your significant other for Saint Patty's Day. I've become the go-to gal for liquor recipies ever since I posted about homemade kahlua. I love it! Happy drinking!

The perfect Christmas (or St Patrick's Day) gift for the person who has everything: Homemade Irish Cream Liquor! www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

I love Bailey's in my coffee as much as the next guy, but this recipe has me second guessing if I'll ever buy the brand name again.

1 cup heavy cream
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cups Jameson Irish whiskey
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract

In a blender, combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Blend on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving

1 comment:

  1. I too love Bailey's Irish cream. You won't find any anorectic drinking this very yummy liquor.

    ReplyDelete