Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cause I’m a Jay, Jay, Jay, Jay, Jayhawk!


I spent the morning checking my Facebook and watching all the pictures roll in from last night's NCAA win. Total chaos and mayhem, as it should be. 

This one was taken on top of a building at 11th and Mass St. (Yes, those are people. Very excited, very drunk people. )

Allen Fieldhouse on campus was packed with local fans watching on the big screen even though the actual game was in New Orleans.

Today though, the town sang quite a different tune. Most of the locals were still in bed until the mid afternoon, and so we had campus to ourselves for the better part of the day. 


I've personally never been in a sorority house, so I was pretty blown away when we walked into Sigma Kappa to visit with my niece. What a gorgeous house.  I must have sat in the porch swing looking at their view with my mouth open for quite a while. Their common area was nicer and bigger than any place I've ever lived. What a life!


 On the very beginning of our walk through campus, we pit stopped at the Chi Omega fountain to cool off for a minute. It was in the high 80's the majority of the day. 



There is nothing in the world like going back to the campus where you spent your formative years. I have so many crazy memories about this place, what a trip it was to hold my daughter's hand while we cruised the same streets I spent so much time in.

This university has over 1000 acres of insanely beautiful backdrops that have made America's Most Beautiful Campuses list multiple times for great reason.

Campanile


Strong Hall

Watson Library

Natural History Museum


Memorial Stadium


Every Sunday, someone goes up to the bells at the top of Campanile and plays a concert that can be heard all around town. We stopped, let the kids run around and took a break to listen.


And we picked some pine cones

Family Over Everything


Potter Lake


Good luck to the boys tomorrow in the NCAA! I'll be rooting you on from the airplane since I'll miss the game!  Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!!!!


1 comment:

  1. This made my stomach hurt with how much I miss Lawrence! You all look great, I love, love, love the pic of Kalynn in the fountain! So happy! Rock Chalk!!!!

    ReplyDelete