Saturday, April 28, 2012

Creamy Alfredo Chicken And Artichoke Lasagna

Today was "Mystery Meal" day on the menu planner so...



Dude.

Seriously.

This has got to be the most unhealthy thing I have ever cooked. I could feel the hail damage pelting into my ass cheeks with every delicious and savory bite. So, I mean, whatever. I'll just add a couple miles to my run and I'll feel way better about it. I'm just here to warn you, eat at your own cholesterolical risk. Yes, I just made that word up. But it's sooooo gooooooood!

Also, before I go any further, allow me to explain the green tint on my photos. I'm not exactly sure what happened. I was snapping pics with my iPhone as I went along and didn't actually look at them until dinner was over and the food was gone. So there were no options of re-takes. Just imagine in your head that these pictures are regular colored and have trust in me that they were in real life as well. Nothing was tinted green that we ate. I promise.

Ok, lets get started!


Ingredients:
2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, chopped
1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1 pkg. (8 oz.) shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup basil, chopped
12 lasagna noodles, cooked


Combine chicken, artichokes, tomatoes, 1 cup mozzarella and Parmesan.




Beat cream cheese, milk, and garlic powder with mixer until well blended; stir in 2 Tbsp. basil.




Mix half of cream cheese mixture with the chicken mixture.



Spread half of the remaining cream cheese sauce onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish; cover with 3 noodles and 1/3 of the chicken mixture.




Repeat layers of noodles and chicken mixture twice. Top with remaining cheese sauce and mozzarella; cover. Bake on 350ยบ for 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining basil.




Also, as I promised, Here is your Saturday Grooveshark Playlist:



Saturday Morning Fever - Loudon Wainwright
Saturday’s Child – The Monkees
Saturday Nite - Earth, Wind & Fire
Saturday In The Park - Chicago
Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting - Elton John
Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers
Another Saturday Night - Cat Stevens
The Heart Of A Saturday Night - Tom Waits
Saturday Sun - Nick Drake
Saturday Night - Blitzen Trapper
Saturday - Built To Spill
Saturday morning - The Eels

No comments:

Post a Comment