Monday, April 23, 2012

Class of 1998 ROX!!

So I'm moving. I'm not just moving down the street or across town, I'm moving to an entire new state. This requires some downsizing. Clearly. I wouldn't (others might) say I'm necessarily a "pack rat," but the things with severe sentimental value (anything Star Wars related), I have a hard time throwing away. That being said, I do cut down my bullshit every time I move. I really do. And it's time to go through some boxes and see what golden gems I've had hiding away in the garage. 

What's that? What was in the first box I pulled down this morning you ask? Well, that's a great question. It just so happened to be my high school keepsake box. HOLY HELL. HOLY HELL!

I totally remember when I was that kid walking around the halls of Washburn Rural High School rocking my converse with too much eye liner on. I remember sneaking into the parking lot to smoke cigarettes and listening to the Violent Femmes in my best friend's Geo Tracker. I remember skipping class and hanging out in the lunch room so I could stare at my skater boy crush. I remember trying way too hard to be too cool for school. Ah, those were the days! 

Well here we are 14 years later and all I have to show for it is what's left in this box. This glorious box of treasure that I figured I'd share with all of you in hopes of giving you a nice smile on this dreary Monday afternoon. I'll spare you the entire contents, but I'll give you a handful of my favorites. 

Music was pretty much a vital part of my existence from the very beginning. As it is with most rebellious teens I suppose. So, of course, I kept all my favorite box sets. 

My Case Logic CD holders filled with over 50 discs of The Cure and imported Robert Smith stuff. And another in equal size of Tori Amos. 

My beloved notebook where I jotted down all my teenage angst and love stories, along with a copy of the Plethora Literary Magazine that I was featured in. (Seriously, could I be any more nerdy??)

My Darth Vader piggy bank

My Nintendo, complete with games, controllers and Duck Hunt gun


And last but not least, just for your afternoon laughter and enjoyment, I scanned my class picture from 1996.
(P.S. I have Logan Reynolds to blame for this hair cut he gave me)

I hope I was able to shine some light with my geeky flashback on your case of the Mondays. 

L8R SK8R
LYLAS 4-EVA

Still rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease (fo sho)
Still got love for the streets, repping two one three (fo life)
Still the beats bang, still doing my thang

1 comment: