Monday, April 30, 2012

My Mission

I was pretty pumped when I found out that I could turn this blog into a keepsake book for myself. I don't know exactly how much it costs given that I have 149 posts and some of them are pretty lengthy, but I think it'll be pretty awesome just to have documentation of this time in my life before the big move and next chapter in Colorado. Technically, I did originally start this blog as a sort of online scrapbook for myself of all my trips and stories and ideas.  This post may be more for my own personal interest, unless you're also interested in looking at old, cool looking buildings in which case, you're in the right spot.

I have 2 and a half weeks left to make some pretty careful decisions about what I want to put in my first blog book. I was thinking I'll post a few more California memories, baby beginnings, favorite crafts and recipes.

So.

Since I've been on such a kick about getting up to LA to visit the Missions, I've decided to post the last of my pictures from the Missions I've already seen. No. I'm not a crazy church lady (not that there is anything wrong with being one, mind you) it's just that religion aside, the architectural designs alone on these buildings are so beautiful, I've made it a goal to see all 22 of them at some point before I kick the bucket.

I started looking through pictures and I totally forgot that I had already been to the one in San Gabriel. I was about 8 months pregnant and pregnesia must have kicked in.


 The street in front of this mission is lined with tiles made from local kids. This particular one of El Pollo Loco was my favorite.


I also found a handful of pictures of the San Luis Rey de Francia in Oceanside, CA from early 2007. 





And although I've been to the Mission in San Juan Capistrano the most and have hundreds of pictures,  I'm posting the most recent visit in September of 2011. 








Monday's Grooveshark playlist:
Long Monday – John Prine
Monday Morning – Fleetwood Mac
Blue Monday – Little Milton
They Call It Stormy Monday - Earl Hooker
Monday Monday Monday – Tegan and Sara
Rainy Days and Mondays – The Carpenters
Rainy Monday – Shiny Toy Guns
Duran Duran – New Moon on Monday
Blue Monday – New Order
Monday Monday – Mama’s and the Poppas
Manic Monday – The Bangles
Come Monday – Jimmy Buffet
I don’t like Monday’s -  The Boomtown Rats

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely breathtaking! I would have loved to visit all those missions for two reason's. First, for the spiritual connection and secondly, to appreciate the unique and beautiful archtecture. I love being transported back in history. To think that these were the places that people built for the sole purpose to find comfort, peace and to worship the "God" that they so loved blows me away. Thankyou for sharing the beautiful picture's.

    ReplyDelete