Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moon Sand

Yes I played hooky yesterday with the blog and went to Disneyland. Big Whoop. 

So anyway, 


I'm not exactly sure what it is about me that feels the need to make things at home that I can can buy at the store, but I do. I mean, with kid's busy toys, not like clothes or anything. I'm not a hippy or an 80 year old. 

Anyway, I saw a recipe on Pinterest for some moon sand and I wanted to try it out. That was a couple of hours ago and Kalynn is still outside with it as I'm typing this to all of you. So it works. 

It's pretty simple. 4 cups sand, 2 cups corn starch, 1 cup water. I actually halved that and it's plenty. We walked over to the park across the street, grabbed a couple of cups worth of dirty playground sand, (because I think it's stupid to buy sand at Home Depot or wherever else. I mean if you're going to do that, you might as well just buy the moon sand from the store in the first place) came home, mixed it up, poured it out on her magnet tray and added in a handful of toys. Now, here we are half a morning and one pot of coffee later in blissful, filthy handed, harmony.  

 Obviously, you can play around with the recipe to make it more or less slimy, depending on your desired consistency. 

  
(Pure and total concentration)


No comments:

Post a Comment