Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spaghetti Arms

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I'm the most ripped person on the planet. I mean, come on. The only kind of exercise I really have any sort of discipline for is my running, and even that sometimes is just to get some alone time because everybody needs a damn break every once in a while.
But every so often, I get this wild hair up my ass (where did that expression come from anyway? It's so so strange...) and I start to get on this crazy train of fitness and great diet and making my body a temple and all that crap. I usually go pretty good for a few months, especially when bikini season rolls around, and then it's back to the cinnamon rolls and excessive wine gulping because exercise is just so boring. I eventually can't get motivated anymore knowing that a new Californication episode is on HBO instead. And you can't really watch David Duchovny and do squats at the same time. So you see my dilemma.

(and I'm not talking about the X-Files David... I'm talking about the now David. Just so we're clear.)

So anyway, this is my arm routine. It takes like 10 minutes. I always have 10 minutes. I can multitask this and David. So we're all good.

1. Standing with your feet hip-distance apart, slowly bend at the waist, keeping your legs as straight as possible, until your hands touch the floor about 8 to 12 inches from your feet [A]. Walk your hands out to pushup position [B], then walk your feet in toward your hands. That's one rep. Do 12-15.

Your body should form a straight line from your heels to your head.


2. With a dumbbell in each hand, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides (A). With arms straight but not locked, raise the weights one arm in front, one arm to the side until parallel to the floor (B). Hold for 1 second, then return to start. Repeat with the alternating arm forward and to your side. That is one rep. Do 12-15. 

3. Grab a dumbbell in each hand and stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold the dumbbells down, palms facing out (A). Press the weights up, while twisting until above your head, palms out (B). Hold for 1 second, then take 3 seconds to lower the dumbbells back to start. That's one rep. Do 12-15.


4. With one knee and hand on a bench and a dumbbell in each hand, bend your right elbow to bring the dumbbell to your side, making your upper arm parallel with the floor. Press the dumbbell back, and as you straighten your arm. Rotate it back so that your palm faces in, and return your arm to the bent position. Do 12 to 15 reps with each arm.


Source: Women's Health

4 comments:

  1. Hi! We should totally be blogger friends. You would be my first blogger friend. I like reading your blog, you are from Lawrence, and you are pretty funny. So, hello new blogger friend.
    xoxo,
    missi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looking over some old posts amd found your first comment! 2 years of blogging friendship and counting! Such a beautiful family you have made! I've loved watching from afar :)

      Delete
  2. Oh girl, I love me some guns! Get after it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing!!! Get super amped on a routine and stick with it for a bit and then get bored and fat again! haha

    ReplyDelete