Friday, August 31, 2012

Zucchini, Zucchini, Zucchini!

One of my friends from work was brought a million giant zucchinis. And when I say giant, I mean giant. They're literally half the size of my toddler.


So she brought them to me, and I was left to find a million things to do with them. The obvious choice was spiced zucchini bread, which tastes amazingly like pumpkin bread to me. I had never made it before but it has now become something I'll be adding to my favorite fall recipes.


It went over so well at our house, I shredded 10 cups of the zucchini (it takes about 2 cups per recipe) and stored it in our freezer so we're stoked for the winter!


We made olive oil, zucchini, tomato, basil, and jack cheese rounds:

We made tomato sauce, turkey pepperoni and mozzarella mini-pizzas:

We deep fried zucchini chips:

We breaded and baked some Parmesan zucchini:

And lastly, we made some tomato, cream cheese, zucchini roll ups!:

And there are still left overs!


So if anyone has any more suggestions, I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. Now that you're in Colorado, look up a calabasita recipe. We usually use mexican greys, but I'm sure those zucchini will work just as well.

    ReplyDelete