Friday, November 23, 2012

Giving Thanks

Well,

I haven't been on lately because I really haven't had anything interesting to say. But I guess that's the point of this thing; to come as I am, interesting or not.

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and as the day settled down and the evening found me wrapped in my electric blanket with a glass of wine, my mind wandered to the things I was really thankful for.  

Over the last 12 months, everything that could have changed, did in fact change. It has been a year of peaks and valleys to say the least. I've lost some of the most important and influential people in my life, and I've held onto a select few that I know will stand with me to the end of the world and vice versa.

But at the end of the day, I'm left positive and thankful.

Thankful we have a roof over our heads filled with warmth and clean water. Thankful I have the means to supply my baby girl with healthy food that will allow her to grow up strong and nourished. Thankful she will have the ability to receive a great education. Thankful I have a steady(ish) income. Thankful I have a partnership with Jason that above anything else focuses on loving our daughter and doing what is ultimately best for our family. Thankful I have the opportunity to tell my parents how much I love them whenever I want and they are here to say it back and truly mean it. Thankful for technology which keeps me in touch with loved ones that we are unable see day to day. Thankful for my own private spirituality and the ability to have that as my own. Thankful for my amazing sister and our new chapter together as state-mates and best friends. Thankful that I'm lucky enough to wake up in one of the most beautiful places in this country and cheers my coffee every morning to the foothills of the gorgeous Rocky Mountains.

I am thankful that I have the ability to give and receive love. Because in the end it's love and love alone that really matters.

But above all else, there is one little humbling creature that I can't be thankful enough for. The word "Thankful," is more of an understatement than I can even express. She's changed my life, lifted the standards, opened my eyes, and shown me the whole world.




Happy Thanksgiving

3 comments:

  1. We too are thankful for that "humbling little creature" that you speak of. We can learn so very much about life and love through the pureness of a child's heart. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete