Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Day

Happy Valentine's Day!
 I did a mini photo shoot last week with Kalynn and I really wanted to share my top 3 favorite pictures:




The runners up weren't too shabby either, they just turned out too dark! (Even Photo Shop didn't help)




We have a Valentine tradition at our house, as you saw last year, everything must be homemade. Sure, you can buy the supplies and what not, but the gift or card itself has got to be constructed straight from creative hands!
I woke up to a completely decorated house with little heart shaped notes taped around our apartment for me to find throughout the day. After my husband went to work, I found one taped to the inside of both laptops, the medicine cabinet and even one on the coffee pot.

Jason got a hand-picked man bouquet this year. Instead of a dozen long-stem roses, he got a dozen long-stem airplane whiskey bottles, scratcher lottery tickets and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.


I also made him a small army of strawberry cuppy cakes with butter cream frosting.


Usually I make my cupcakes from scratch, but this year I was short on time and gave in to the Pillsbury box variety. In case this ever happens to you, here's an easy way to make them at least taste like they're homemade. Whatever the recipe on the box says, use an extra egg. Ditch the oil, use melted butter and double the amount. Also, substitute milk for the water. They'll never know.

Ok, so there is a short run down of our day yesterday. I'm off to bartend our Day-After-Valentine extravaganza at work tonight! Come on down if you're in the area!

Happy LOVE DAY everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment