Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Glamping We Will Go! Part 2

Rule 1 of camping: PRE-MAKE EVERYTHING. It makes enjoying your vacation so much easier when you don't have to fuss with preparation nor cleanup. I mean pre-make everything. Pre-cut your lettuce and tomato for burgers. Pre-package your sliced veggies for dutch oven cheesy veggies.

Pre-wrap your bacon hot dogs.
grilled bacon wrapped hot dogs for camping! www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com


Premake your fire starters.
add dryer lint with vaseline to toilet paper rolls for quick firestarters that last at least 10-20 minutes www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

Pre-crack your eggs so don't have to worry about soggy cartons or cracked shells.
eggs in a jar for camping www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

Freeze your water bottles so you can use them instead of as ice packs. Plus you always have cold water!
Freeze your water bottles so you can use them instead of as ice packs. Plus you always have cold water! www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

 Pre-make, wrap and refrigerate your camporitos.
(Large tortillas, hashbrowns, bacon or sausage, cheese and eggs)
All you have to do is warm them up and add salsa!
camporitos, perfect for grilling while camping www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

Do as much as you possibly can before you go!

I'm a girly girl even in the woods. And I'm an over planner. And true to both traits, I've made detailed drafts of my best camping outfits for the weekend. So maybe this step is a bit overdoing it for most people. Certainly not for me. And at least it gives you a glimpse of what my personal camping comfort clothes are.

Leggings, t-shirts, and sweater boots. I mean, it doesn't get more cozy than this.

camping outfit 1: sweater boots, leggings, baseball shirt, hat www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

It is hot during the day, so a hat to keep the sun off my head and a swim suit under my tank makes it easy to strip down to once we walk to the lake.

camping outfit 2: camo cut offs, tank, swimming suit, Chucks, hat www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

It gets cold in the mountains the second the sun goes down. Be prepared. Bring a vest and a couple long sleeve shirts for staying warm when you're hanging out around the fire.

camping outfit 3: flannel, jeans, down vest, chucks, trucker hat www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

Thi is kind of redundant, but Colorado weather is bipolar. No joke. Be prepared and don't be afraid to layer.

camping outfit 4: cut offs, tank, vans, swimming suit, Ray Bans, bandana, fedora www.thebrighterwriter.blogspot.com

I'm not even kidding. This is exactly what I'm packing:


Anyway, (I've done my Pinterest duty for the month) wish us luck this weekend and I'll let you know next week how it went! Have a good weekend everyone!

You can now follow me on Instagram! @thebrighterwriter














11 comments:

  1. Love the outfit ideas! Do you have a source list for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't have a list made up, but the majority of them came from Victoria's Secret clothing line. Sun glasses from Ray Ban. Shoes from Vans and Converse. Vest from Bitten by Sarah Jessica Parker. Hope that helps! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I picked them out myself and photoshopped them all together. The

      Delete
  2. I'm new to your blog. Great ideas! I especially love the egg one- genius! Thanks for sharing! Will you please tell me how you make the fire starters?? FaithfulAmiga (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and sure! I just take old toilet paper rolls, slide a spoon of Vaseline on the inside and then stuff with old dryer lint! Burns like a candle!

      Delete
  3. Love the pre-jarred eggs. I HATE soggy egg cartons, totally using that one this year. And your clothing pictures, nobody has commented about the Miller Lite in each picture...too funny. I think I need to go camping with your family!

    www.grandmaagnesattic.blogspot.com

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're awesome! I don't have kids but will surely use this a a guide as I'm an overplanner and list maker as well! Hope your trip was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find the camping necklace!? Loved this post and part 1, we're going glamping in a few weeks with 2 preschool aged boys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I found the necklace on this adorable little Etsy site: https://www.etsy.com/listing/111766568/pewter-camping-sign-charm-on-a-24-inch?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_listing_promoted&utm_campaign=jewelry_low&gclid=CKvm4PHtpr8CFQphfgodNUsADw

      Delete